Wednesday 25 March 2009

My Dad & I

I'm all day alone, doing nothing but stuff a sick kid not attending to school would. At night, my dad arrives home. He just get inside and as he does he starts complaining about how I never clean up. He asks about my future. As if I knew. Then I tell him I'll continue my french and dance lessons. "That's nothing", he says. Then I say I'll work too. "Where?", he asks in total disbelief. Then I start being really hostile. "What do you care?", is my harsh answer. "I care cause you live here", he replies. "You think I can't get a job. You talk to me as I were useless", I say to him in a loud voice. Then he complains about me not cleaning up the bathroom. Then I go to the kitchen and wash the dishes. He starts cooking. I go to the computer. Then he comes and asks me if his bald is too noticeable now. My answer is yes, cause it is, I can't lie to him about it to make him feel better, he knows it is. Then he goes back to the kitchen and eat his supper. I go to the kitchen and wath him eat for a few seconds...He never asked if I ate, nor if I was hungry, nor if, by any crazy chance on earth, I wanted to eat. No, he just prepared his meal, and sat to eat it alone. Never called me to eat, nor to have a conversation while he was at it. Then he always says I'm bitter. Well, I can't really act another way while he's around...And it kills me.

No comments: